Monday, September 22, 2008

What the hell???


so i woke up this morning and, like always, stumbled to my alarm clock, my underwear drawer, and finally out into the hall without ever turning on a light (dont wanna disturb the monsters- they are only good when they are sleeping). but standing in the pitch black hall this morning, something caught my eye. The entrance to the attic, which is just over my head when i walk out of my bedroom, was glowing. I remember pausing for just a second and thinking "Damn, the ceiling is glowing." and then getting in the shower.
[I am not the most rational or motivated person at 6am]
Throughout my day, my morning confusion returned to my thoughts and i wondered if a fully awake heather could still see the magic of the glowing ceiling. When it was finally dark enough outside to provide the perfect shade of blackness in the hallway, the dogs and i bravely (actually i really psyched myself out and was shaking a little) entered the darkness, armed only with a camera. I knew that a) nobody would believe that my ceiling glows and b) if i could post a picture, one of my faithful readers would surely know what was going on. I found the best angle to capture the lighted rectangle above my door and pressed the shutter button only to have the camera beep and the screen flash bright white- did i mention i was already scared?- because my battery was dead!
BUT the white screen provided just enough light for me to finally solve the mystery!
Did u guys know there is a light in the attic? Apparently i have been turning the damn thing on every night thinking i was turning off the hall light!
I wonder if lauren knew we had a light in the attic...

2 comments:

Lauren said...

You are right, you are slightly retarded in the morning. I hope that you become smarter as the day progresses.

Brandie said...

wow, that's special. :)